crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Have a Very Glass Day

Last night I met up with Tressa, Jody, Nori and Peter for Italian. As I may have mentioned, Tressa and I have been craving gorgonzola penne (fantastic!) for months and tried to get it elsewhere but they were apparently out of cheese and out of pasta (at an Italian restaurant!!)... grrrr. So, we headed to a restaurant we know just outside of Shimo called Glass Day.

So yes, I got my gorgonzola (mmmmMMmmmm) and more... pesto'd clams (or something), pescatore, tiramisu, (the dinner was a set) and wine - oh so much wine. We learned upon arrival that they are currently serving wine by the hour (yeah!) and charging only 350 yen per hour (WHAT?!?! YEAH!!!). Thankfully Jody is getting over an illness and wasn't drinking.

After dinner we roadtripped to Utsunomiya where we (not surprisingly) bumped into our Uts boys: Barry, Marco and two others (Mike, and Someone-or-other). They had all come from a Japanese affair which involved much drinking (the Japanese, especially men, like to partake in these 2-hour, all-you-can-drink parties that go from like 7-9pm and then the "salary men" stumble home to their wives. Weird) so they were all Hammered. In any case, we got to do some ass-shakin' (as evidenced here; Marco) and meet some people; including a Japanese girl who spoke spectacular English and with whom we exchanged info so that we may contact her again, and an Uberhot black guy (American via Kenya) with whom I conversed for some time.

Jody then took our drunk asses home. I have a list about a mile long of things to do today (it's a stat. holiday in Japan) so thankfully I was up bright-and-early. In other news: our friends Yoko and Makoto are getting married this Saturday and Tressa and I have been invited to attend all parties including the second; (there are a series of approximately 6 parties at Japanese weddings) I am TOTALLY excited and will be blogging about it shortly, I'm sure!

0 Comments:



adopt your own virtual pet!