crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Goodbyes

I found this weekend to be full of goodbyes...

Thursday I had a little date with a boy I met in Utsunomiya the previous weekend. I know, you're all like: OMG!?!?! Contain yourselves kids - nothing will come of this one. James #2 (since hottie from cabin weekend is James #1, in more ways than one) works for Honda and is frequently sent to Japan for new model design; he basically wanted an opportunity to see more of Japan and I offered to tour guide. We drove around Shimo a bit, went to dinner and watched a movie. Sadly, he is now back in the UK. End of story.

Friday Tressa, Trav, Daichi and I drove up to Iwama (homebase for two teachers with my company) for Brad's official going away party. We went to The Drunken Duck in Katsuta (a town about which I have no details to give, but it's thataway) and met up with about 10-15 of Brad's pals. It was good times; alas, I decided to conk out in the car before everyone else was finished partying (what the hell is wrong with me!?!?!). Brad left Saturday afternoon and is now back in Saskatchewan... **sniff, sniff**

Brad, Krista (Brad's replacement) & Trav at the Duck

Tressa and I picked up some Halloween goodies on Saturday afternoon, and I finally selected a school-appropriate costume: panda (pictures forthwith). Saturday night Tress and I went to Utsunomiya for a drink at the Lion's Head gaijin pub. We ended up running into some friends from the cabin weekend (Barry and Marco) and A drink turned into MANY drinks. Thankfully, Barry gratiously invited us to crash at his apartment, which was the most awesome and well-decorated apartment I have seen in Japan to date (no fair!). Before ending the night, however, we stopped by Birdland again, which was considerably busier than last weekend. Although the owner wasn't around to hand out tequila shots, we did get some good bootie shakin' in. Obviously another gaijin establishment, the club was packed with Africans and Latinos; many of whom looked rather dodgy... I feel awful for upholding stereotypes, but I found myself wondering if any of these fellas had been the stabber from a few weeks past???

A word on Honda boys... apparently the "bachelors" sent overseas to Japan (from the States, the UK, etc.) have one thing in common: exaggerated and drunken attempts to pick up girls! As we have recently learned, the Lion's Head happens to be their short-term lair whereby any female entering is promptly accosted. On the plus side, these boys must make good money because I hardly bought a single drink for myself all night!

Today I did a whole lotta nothing, but did have Subway for lunch... MmmmMMmmm, SUBWAY...

Tressa & Barry (aka Micheal Barry)

2 Comments:

    • At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Just wanted to say that I will miss you Brad! Give Angie a huge hug for me and I hope you are excited to be home after a whole year here! Tress

       
    • At 3:23 AM, Blogger Jody (White) and Juan Leon said…

      Loven' It.
      Can't wait till this weekend!!!
      I think I am going to pee my pants!

       
    • Post a Comment


adopt your own virtual pet!