crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Abducted by the Lunch Lady!

So my bosses "forgot" to tell me that I didn't have to go in to work this morning... grrrr. When I arrived at Hikari Kindergarten all seemed strangely quiet; I was thinking that maybe they were a day late in their Halloween pranks, but really there were just no kids there!! The five-age kids at Hikari are participating in a huge festival somewhere-or-other in five days, I'm told, and today was their dress rehearsal. An auxilary teacher (who I refer to as the lunch lady) tried to explain to me (in Japanese; she speaks NO English) that I should get into her car and go view the "brass band" with her... if she had been giving me this speech 5 months ago I would have been totally lost, but I got the gist.

Off we went to another part of town to view a band that is in no part brass. My kids were FANTASTIC!!! They really are extraordinary for any age, but especially so considering their youth. Not only was there music, but also fancy marches and formations, and about 25 kids twirling flags. Spectacular. I sat in the mezzanine with the three- and four-age kids and later took the school bus, (!!!!!) complete with singing and tiny kiddie seats, (!!!!!) back to school with them! Sorry the pictures aren't better; having not known what I was in for this morning, I failed to pack my camera and all I had with me was my keitai.

On another note: Jody has posted a few blogs in reference to her Halloween party... they're great; you should check them out!! (http://jodydwhite.blogspot.com/)

0 Comments:



adopt your own virtual pet!