crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Thursday, November 24, 2005

The Best Time For Kareoke

...is the night before a stat holiday!

Met up with our GREAT new friends Dave and Anna on Tuesday night, as Wednesday was a holiday. The advantage of kareokeing pre-holiday is weekday rates (cheaper). The disadvantage is that the place was packed; I'm surprised we got a room at all! Actually, we got the same room we had for Dave's birthday... a little more spacious with eight, as opposed to 15!!

You'll notice there are some Christmas doo-dads about: I am starting to see these more and more frequently. This really excites me! The Japanese don't generally celebrate Christmas, not know how to do so, but they are definitely into lights and trees. A house down my block has had their tree up for nearly two weeks already!! I'm sure we can all think of someone like that. ugh.

Nothing really out-of-the-ordinary.
Joined by Trav, Peter, Jody, Tressa, Dave and Anna for dinner at an Italian place downtown, meandered to kareoke later on, cabbed home. Fun-filled, really. Actually, the restaurant was where Tressa and I were first introduced to Trav... as such, we had to take a commemorative picture.

Be sure to hang out with these chaps and chippies again. Good times!

On another note: you know I have some extra time during this holiday week when I go and post seven friggin entries in four days. Loooooser!

2 Comments:

    • At 1:41 AM, Blogger Fluffica said…

      it's so weird to see you with straight hair instead o' yo curlies.

      on an unrelated note, your comment word verification thing is really flipping annoying. keep in mind your readers are getting old. thus, our eyes are starting to go. thus, i can't see half the flippin letters.

       
    • At 3:09 AM, Blogger Crystal said…

      If I take word verification off I end up with comments like:

      "Great blog! If you want to read up on paleontology check out my blog at i'maloser.blogspot.com"

      Good times.

       
    • Post a Comment


adopt your own virtual pet!