crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Sunday, November 02, 2008

To Germs and Back

I think I mentioned that Riccardo was working in Germany last week; in the North, close to Bavaria, I think. For a long time he was planning on making the trip to his parents' for the weekend, before coming home. Since it was half-term break from school, I decided to meet him (or beat him) there.

I went on Wednesday. My cheap little flight got me all the way to Frankfurt Hahn Airport... which is not in Frankfurt. Actually it's nowhere near Frankfurt. It's probably close to two hours drive from Frankfurt. Liars.

Anyway, Hans and Carla (aka Mamma & Pappa) picked me up and a leisurely 4.5 days ensued. They really know how to spoil me and make me feel like a princess. And what's even better, it was great to have some (semi-) stress-free time to spend with family.

I say 'semi' because I still had to scurry away to work from time to time. Nothing major. I do have some catching up to do before I head out to work tomorrow though; thank god I'm home early enough this afternoon.

Riccardo arrived really late Friday night. Saturday was spent playing games and chatting with the parents. We even got to see a slideshow (a REAL slideshow, like with actual slides!) of the pictures from their Canada trip (i.e. the 4.5 weeks they spent there after our wedding; most of which was spent ducking out of the rain).

Saturday night we went with Andre and Melanie to a historical restaurant for dinner. This place was decorated to the gills! The food was good, and the company better. After that we went bowling where several of us (including me!) won free shots of alcohol!

This morning we all got up at 5:30, England time, to get me to the bus, which would get me to the plane. Now I am home safe-and-sound. Everything back at the homestead seems fine, though our adjustable shower-head holder appears to have broken in the cold (since the heating was off, and its apparently been freezing here) because it will no longer hold the shower-head in an upright position. Fun.

Oh, and happy birthday for next Saturday to Andre - it's a special one! :D

0 Comments:



adopt your own virtual pet!