crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Sunday, September 07, 2008

After the Storm

Now I'm kind of wondering what to do with myself. No wedding to plan, no wedding to save for... um, what are my hobbies again?

Riccardo and I have been busy though, settling back into a routine. He was back to work two days after we arrived back from Canada. Things are going well there; lots more business trips in the works, though seemingly just short ones. And some with great spin-offs for me - more about that later.

I'm also back to work, as of last Tuesday. I've started at my new school, St. Peter's, and so far am quite happy with thing there. As I am also officially a university student again, I'm kind of waiting for the bomb to drop. I'm not teaching my own classes this year, so the past week has been made up of mostly observing things: boring. Of course, at my first day at Uni on Friday, I gained a small inkling of what is to come workwise... should be an interesting year!

Socially, we're keeping things pretty low key. We've been spending a lot of time with my dear British friend, Helen lately. Helen and I get along like peas and carrots because she lived in Japan and worked as an English teacher for two years, too. Also, Mari from Japan is still around, and we see her often. She's settled in quite well, and seems to be enjoying herself. A colleague of Riccardo's Stephane, also known as Frenchy (since he's from France, duh), has been thrown in the crazy mix of late, as he's temporarily posted in Redditch while he awaits his permanent assignment to open up. Last night, for instance, the five of us met up in Leamington Spa (our good old haunt) for dinner at a lovely fondue restaurant. There was even a live DJ. Good times.

Right, so business trips... in just three short weeks, because Riccardo will already be there for work, I am being whisked away to lovely...

PARIS!!!

Yep, you read right. I'm finally going to Paris. Who's excited?!? We've booked the flights and will be spending a whirlwind weekend in the city of love; the idea is that it's a mini-honeymoon, since the real things is months away yet.

So that's the next highlight on the calendar. But loads to come before then, I'm sure.

0 Comments:



adopt your own virtual pet!