crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Saturday, September 06, 2008

White Water

Right, so it has been a while, and for that I apologise. I guess for this I can play the WEDDING card - things have been manic.

Overall the time in Canada was BUSY. Riccardo and I didn't even have time for jetlag, or rather, used it to our advantage to cram more To Do List stuff into the early hours. I occupied myself with loads of last-minute shopping, and many appointments with various wedding people. My mom and Kelsey and I also spent DAYS making food (mostly for the cocktail party). Riccardo impressed my socks off by building the fantabulous Torii featured as our wedding archway - what a talented man! He and the other guys (Mike and Shigeru) also built two shoji screens, which actually turned out to be a far more difficult task.

We did manage to get in a few fun things. I think I mentioned that we spent an afternoon at Shuspwap lake; the weather was brilliant and the water was great.

On the Monday before the wedding we were able to take most of a day off and my sisters, brother-in-law, Shigeru, Riccardo and I headed out to Clearwater for a rafting expedition. I have to say, our experience with IWW (?) was great - better that my previous with the Adams River people. The rapids were only about Class 3, but in the calmer bit they let us ride them in the water (***cough! choke!***) and later, we were allowed to go cliff-diving. Supergreat!




So these pictures are of our White Water Adventure - highly recommend it!

I will also include a slideshow of our floating adventure, which occurred the Wednesday before the wedding; I just need to get the CD of Kelsey, who is supposed to bring it in asap. We had a great turnout for that event as more guests, like our German friends, had arrived in Kamloops by this point. What an amazing time!

More to come!

0 Comments:



adopt your own virtual pet!