crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Almost Like a Holiday

Did I mention I quit my job? It was accidental, but also it was a long time coming.

I got a lead on an alternate sponsor school for the GTP Uni thing I've decided to do regardless of its transferability. My lead involved a nice hour-long sit-down with the appropriate people at a rather top-notch Catholic school about 25 minutes away from our place. The talk went well, and I was invited to observe lessons and meet people for a couple days before anyone took a decision. That in mind, I decided it was time to tell Whitley that I was 'investigating other options'. They didn't take it well.

I was promptly called to the Principal's (insert: Headteacher) Office. Amidst a chorus of ranting and ridicule I was offered a 24-hour ultimatum whereby I had to decide if I was staying or if I was going. Well, let's just say they made the choice even easier for me. Besides, I had already vowed to quit before the next school year.

Then Warwick Uni told me that I have to find a new sponsor school within two weeks or else they'd offer my place in the program to someone else. Full steam ahead. What kind of a life is a life without drama? Couldn't tell you.

So tomorrow and Friday I'm off to observe and meet people at this other possible school. No teaching, no behaviour management, no avoiding a certain Headteacher required; I just get to sit there and watch, and chat. All the important questions have already been asked. YAY.

Even if, for the time being, the future is uncertain, I'm more relieved than anything else. Someone asked me if I quit because I wasn't happy in the job anymore - I thought, 'was I ever?' Plus, I still get paid through to the end of August. That's a good 4.5 months to search out new career prospects if this whole teaching business doesn't work out. Happy times.

Oh, and it's finally sunny out. And a balmy 25 degrees! :D

0 Comments:



adopt your own virtual pet!