crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Up-up-and-AWAY

News isn't so exciting when it's like a week old, but...

I GOT MY VISA!!!!

Phew. Another good thing: I probably don't have to deal with stupidhead government types again (in the UK anyway), because the visa is good for FIVE years!

And...

I (probably) GOT INTO UNIVERSITY!!!!

Okay, so far I've only been accepted into my second-choice Uni (and only verbally as well; have yet to receive the actual documentation), but it's something. I do have an offcial second-interview for my first choice Uni (which is a day-long affair!) and it was mentioned in the first interview that if you make it to the second round you're usually in.

Getting in my first choice Uni will allow me to change schools. I've already been in contact with one other school - just first stages - and it's on the total other end of the spectrum from Whitley. One thing about Whitley is that one of its main catchment areas is the sixth most deprived area in the UK. That begins to explain why 30% of our kids have 'learning difficulties' (which usually translates to ferocious behavioural problems). This other school is one of the top schools in the country, academically, and is in an affluent area. I'm sure there are still a host of difficulties teaching at this type of school (like arrogant, spoiled brats) but I'm kind of willing to take my chances with that.

And...

WE BOUGHT OUR TICKETS AND BOOKED OUR SAFARI FOR AFRICA!!!!

Yep, it's all sorted. We're off for three weeks of adventure and relaxation, and I think I'm more excited about this honeymoon than I am the wedding! Well, not really. We have yet to book the resort in Zanzibar, because it's expensive ($400/night!) and we want a deal, and we need to save up more money.

And...

JUST TWO MORE SLEEPS UNTIL CANADA!!!!

Marathon wedding-planning may be the death of me, but I'm friggin' excited to get started. Even though I was home for a blitz in October, I feel like I haven't seen everyone in ages! So, if you're in Kamloops from March 25 - April 4, look me up and we'll hang out. :)

Hope there's excitement in your lives, too!
Love yas!

0 Comments:



adopt your own virtual pet!