crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Monday, April 07, 2008

Running around like a crazy person

I've been back in Canada these last weeks. Wedding planning.

I started off with a bang: wedding dress shopping. I tried on tons, and strangely, there wasn't one that was The One, really. I really liked about four. Of course the one I liked the most was way over budget. But I did not buy something else; I decided to think on it. Common sense told me that this dress was a good one anyway, because it is fairly light, and summery. Back at the hotel, I was lucky enough to find the exact same dress online for nearly half the price. Order it I did. Now I just have to worry about how long it will be stuck in US customs, and how much extra the UPS broker is going to charge me. Damn assholes.

Now that I think about it, that dress is almost exactly what I had envisioned myself in. I sketched nearly the same dress two years ago, when I just started thinking about marriage to my fabulous man. What a coincidence.

I also found the perfect bridesmaid's dresses. Expensive in store, cheaper online. So I ordered those, too. Fingers crossed.

My shopping weekend was hi-jacked by my lovely girlfriends, Kimberly and Ashley. Bachelorette mania ensued on Saturday night. I'm not going to post pictures because (a) I'm sure anyone who wanted to already saw them on Facebook; and (b) they are FAR too embarrassing. Yes, the girls' aimed to recreate the Delta Burke of old, complete with blue eyeshadow. Grrrr. Unfortunately, mixed in with the Rockstar-playing, was a little too much Fireball-drinking and I don't actually remember leaving Kim's house for the bar. Then, apparently, I was out cold during the car-ride into the city only to wake up and chuck my cookies all over a homeless man (well, almost). All this at about 8:30pm. Nice.

Well, HUGE thanks to the ladies for all the planning and effort, nonetheless. It was a great time... from what I can remember.

Back in The 'Loops, I was off-and-running. My To-Do List was a mile long, and I was determined to finish it. Thankfully I didn't allow myself to recover fully from jet-lag, so I was up before 8:00 almost every day. I met with the photographer, the DJ the florist and the baker, I shopped for decor, decor, decor, I priced out menus and re-arranged the budget. I order suits for the boys, and researched group-rates at hotels. I met with the neighbours about planning and organising (since the wedding is in the neighbour's yard). I attempted making shoji-lanterns with help from my mom's glue-gun; they turned out just a little lopsided. Somehow I found some time to get my hair done, and have a couple meals with family, but barely! In the end, I did manage to complete the WHOLE list. I think things will be a lot less busy this summer, now. Phew.

Another 18 hours of travel, and I'm back home. Boy, did I miss Riccardo. We spent the remainder of the weekend chilling; I spent much of it sleeping. Today I have my interview for University. It's not for 3 more hours, and I've already been up for 2, but I couldn't sleep at all last night, so I'm up. No rest for the weary.

1 Comments:

    • At 9:42 PM, Blogger D said…

      Call me if you have time (yah right - it's okay if you don't, I know you must be crazy busy)
      572-6412
      We'll go drink something together.

       
    • Post a Comment


adopt your own virtual pet!