crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Boo

I don't have a lot to say... but I'm procrastinating about packing up another load and bringing it to the new apartment. Happily, my packing is nearly complete. I estimate 1-2 more boxes. Yay.

So yesterday during a lengthy break from work I had finished my book and was amusing myself with my keitai (cell phone). Actually, this consisted of me sifting through and deleting the 300+ text messages I'd been saving. I came across the following from hot-black-Utsunomiya-guy, aka Mike:

goodnite boo! looking 4wd 2cing u again.. b good... mike

awww! Anyhow, that's going nowhere. But, I had to take a minute to reflect over what "boo" meant? Is it a pet-name? This quandry is similar to one I often find myself in when talking to Gary, who also utilizes "ebonix" - about which I know nothing, even spelling the word is sketchy. I find this all so intriguing, and at the same time slightly irritating. Especially when people (insert: Gary) occassionally tell me to "speak English!" for using correct grammar and large words.

Can someone please give me the lowdown on this lingo?

3 Comments:

    • At 6:42 AM, Blogger Christopher Barzak said…

      you can find out all about here in the urban dictionary online:

      http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Boo

       
    • At 8:05 AM, Blogger Crystal said…

      chris, tried it. loved it. defined it: bevy, galore.

      i seriously just lost 2 hours of my life reading hilarious definitions! make sure to read up on "walmart."

       
    • At 1:02 PM, Blogger Christopher Barzak said…

      I know, isn't that site funny?? Total time sink. ;-)

       
    • Post a Comment


adopt your own virtual pet!