crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Know Me Better

1. What time did you get up this morning?
Um, 9:27. Yeah, I'm more of a night person.
2. Diamonds or pearls?
Diamonds are the obvious choice for sparkle factor... and god knows I get distracted by sparkly things.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Oh Harry, you know we're meant to be... but when are you suddenly going to catch up to my age like all those other Hollywood wash-ups?
4. What are your favourite TV shows?
TV show? What's that? Yeah, haven't watched TV for about 10 months, not including my 2-week HGTV binge while I was in canada. I resort to lousy rentals... not that Sex and the City is lousy... am I right, or am I right?
5. What did you have for breakfast?
Oops. So forgot to eat the yogurt cup in the fridge... in my sleepiness I forgot that I'm supposed to be trying out a healthier diet... apparently sleep won the coin toss, again (cause it helps to get 30 seconds extra... don't you know).
6. What is your middle name?
Lynne, after my Mom's old best friend when she lived in Ottawa (hence the Frenchiness)
7. What is your favourite cuisine?
Thai food, and veggies, and tofu.
8. What foods do you dislike?
Pretty much any meat and/or fish... on a bad day. otherwise not overly picky.
9. What is your favourite chip?
Oh god, unfair! Nacho cheese crunchies, by far. Anyone so kind as to mail me some will need my NEW address.
10. What is your favourite CD at the moment?
The Fall Out Boy CD hijacked by my youngest sister, Kelsey, who burnt it for me right before I left Canada. It's rad!
11. What kind of car do you drive?
2006 Suzuki Swift SUV model, CD, 4dr, sliver, auto everything. I love it!
12. What is your favourite sandwich?
Crossaintwich featuring cream cheese, cucs, tomatos and avocado.
13. What characteristics do you despise?
Senseless bitchiness, arrogance, selfishness.
14. Favourite item of clothing?
My mukaluk boots (aka moccasins, aka ugs), it's like wearing slippers with style.
15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?
Right now, Thailand... because all my money is on it - literally.
16. What colour is your bathroom?
Gotta love the flecked pink wallpaper. Japanese people really need to learn something about DRYWALLING.
17. Favourite brand of clothing?
Actually, I tend to personally avoid brand names. I HATE Louis Vuitton... can't understand the craze, FUGLY. That said, I often buy stuff from Old Navy.
18. Where would you want to retire?
Somewhere, where there are fruity margeritas and louge chairs... or in one of those "retirement communities" with all my old friends where we can sit around all day and play canasta.
19. Favourite time of day?
Last hour before bed, when I can read or watch a movie in peace.
20. Where were you born?
Clearwater, BC, Canada; aka Nowheresville.
21. Favourite sport to watch?
Olympic gymnastics.
**Edited #22 and #23. The usual bullshit**
24. What type of detergent do you use?

Sheesh, I don't know... and let me tell you, this is a hassle in Japan because I'm never 100% sure whether I'm putting bleachy detergent in with my colours.
25. Coke or Pepsi?
Used to be diet coke with lime, but they don't have that here so I'll have to go with coke.
26. Morning person or night owl?
See above.
27. What size shoe do you wear?
Don't know the Japan size, but in North America it's about 6.5-7.
28. Do you have pets?
Phoenix the psychotic cat, who is currently residing at my parents' while I am in Japan, and my imaginary pocket dog, Peanut (who will, at some point exist for real in my life). Princess Reia, my megaspider, still haunts me from her smear on my porch (thank god I'm moving!).
29. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with everyone?
I'm officially going to Thailand for nine days in late March!! (Just got confirmation yesterday). Yipee!
31. Favourite candy bar?
Hmmmm... not really a sweets person most days, but I do miss Mars bars once in a while.
32. What is your best childhood memory?
When my dad brought home our dog, Tana, and we had some tough convincing to do so my mom to let us keep the little bundle ("Please Mom! Please! Puleeeeeease!!"). My dad had to tell her that he found the puppy on the side of the road and that if he'd left her she'd of died (when really, she was curled in a box complete with blanket; perfectly safe; directly from the mother's owner). I now get a kick out of this memory because I understand why my parent's were so insistent, yet tactful, that we NOT name Tana "Boner" - my first choice. I was 5, okay!?!
33. What are the different jobs you have had in your life?
Babysitter, janitor, stadium concession stand worker/manager, retail clerk, campsite attendant, hostess, server, telephone credit card customer service provider, teacher...
**accidentally "inserted" over the beginning of this question...**
34. ...ear are you wearing?
I'm wearing 2 ears?
35. Piercing?
About 8 in my ears, 4 of which are currently in use; though they've actually been pierced 10 times, including my rook - which is by far my favourite. Once had my tongue pierced, that was interesting, for a time. I think tongue piercing is something one outgrows, you know? Like, one can only pull it off until a certain age.
36. Eye colour?
Hazel (NOT BROWN!), and I'm sticking to it.
37. Ever been to Africa?
No sir, but I'd love to... maybe one day I'll go there and teach those poor Africans something other than religion (literacy, language, trades...)
**edit. this thing is too damn long. I don't want to list a million of my favourites.**
57. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Barry had a good theory on his blog: http://iamtetsumaiki.blogspot.com/
58. How many people are you sending this email to?
A little less emailing, a little more posting.
59. Time you finished this e-mail:
12:21am. Time for bed... but first a hot bath and blowdry.

1 Comments:

    • At 4:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      I think we need a back-up plan... if there is one thing I am not good at (and there's only the one)... it is CANASTA! Actually, I have no idea what it is but I'm sure it's for BORING old people and we'll still have jokes (Kelsey's legs... that "Child Find" Photo, etc.)

       
    • Post a Comment


adopt your own virtual pet!