crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Monday, January 23, 2006

Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire

Yesterday Jody and I ventured to an amazing theatre (complete with FRESH popcorn) in Tsukuba for a matinee performance (still $18.00) of Harry Potter 4!!

FINALLY!!

I had geared myself up for the worst, since several people I've talked to were less-than-impressed with this installment of Potter. There was agreement that the new director took too much artistic freedom and didn't focus on the significant events in the novel. Having seen it, I have to wonder though, if they weren't slightly biased by the knowledge that there was a new director involved, because, honestly, I didn't sense a large difference.

On the other hand, perhaps I was slightly biased myself, since The Goblet of Fire is likely my favorite read of the series, thus far. Also, the induction of hotties like Krum couldn't hurt, even if Harry himself is my actual love-match. In any case, despite the length of the movie, I thought it was quite "brilliant" (as Ron says) actually, and would highly recommend it.

As for whether is movie is too scary for youngsters, I think the entire series should be about 7-and-up in book and movie form... if you're kids get scared easily, don't take them!

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: 4.5 out of 5 stars

1 Comments:

    • At 5:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      It may be hard to sort out the debates between whether the latest Harry Potter was Hot Or Not, so let me set the record straight: For those unaware, the latest Potter was actually released in TWO versions. One was the Adult version, which seemed very dark and at some times quite scary! The second was the 'G' rated family version (probably the one which anyone who was less than impressed sat in on!) -Rebecca

       
    • Post a Comment


adopt your own virtual pet!