crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Monday, January 16, 2006

Goodbye Trav

The downside of living in such a transitory environment is that people leave. I guess I'm lucky that no one superimportant to me has left yet, but now the inevitable has occurred.

Having finished his one-year contract, and needing to return to university, Travis Dewan is departing for Australia. For good.

Trav was one of the first people I met when I came to Japan and he played an enormous role in making the last seven months here both bareable and enjoyable. I can honestly say that I don't think
I would have lasted here without his love and friendship. I am lucky to know him and to have had him in my life even for such a fleeting moment.

Trav is an old sole, a warm spirit, a thoughtful friend. Everyone he meets is made better by him. I love him like he is my little brother and my only wish is that we will meet again. A great excuse to go to Australia, no?

Thank you Travipants, for all that you have given me, literally and more importantly, emotionally. I will never forget our times together. Best of luck in your future; I know you will be a shining success in whatever path you choose. All my love.

Bon Voyage.

0 Comments:



adopt your own virtual pet!