crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Return to Japan

For those of you who wondered whether I made it safely over our Great Pacific Ocean, I will put your query to rest: I did.

Actually, my flight back was somewhat more enjoyable (if you can call flying "enjoyable") than its Japan-to-Canada counterpart. Taking two flights rather than three reduced my travel time exponentially (despite the actual overseas flight being almost 3 hours longer), and the jetlag going East is almost nil.

I have mixed feelings about the airline my budget chose: Air Canada. Though their newish plane offered comfier head- and foot-rests, I did not get a choice when it came to in-flight entertainment. The food was adequate though the portions were noticeably smaller than those offered by United (on the other hand, as mentioned, meals are randomly cancelled on United flights; though it was safe enough to feed First Class passengers, of course).

Of my time in Canada, I have to say, it just went too fast. My 15 days in the West are a blur of shopping, drinking, family gatherings, shopping, meals among friends, drinking, shopping, and gift-giving/receiving. My thanks to everyone who went out of their way to make my time in Canada either enjoyable or productive. I am lucky to be loved by so many generous souls.

Back to the "grind."

0 Comments:



adopt your own virtual pet!