crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Monday, January 23, 2006

The New Kids in Town

Friday night was Tressa's mom, Dianne's, last night in Japan, and she had waited five long weeks to experience infamous kareoke with us!! What's more, Trav's replacement, Jen and her husband, Drew, are newly settled into their place and we were all very excited to initiate them, uh, I mean, welcome them, into our little group.








Jody and I met up with Tress, Dianne, Daichi, Mi-chan, Yoshi, Sagi-San, Chris, Willow, Peter, Drew and Jen at Shidax for a night of sing-songing. Of course we partook in nomi-hodai (all-you-can-drink) for the full four hours, but then when the majority were ready to call 'er a night (around 1am) Jody, Willow, Chris and I all renewed our room and sung for another three hours!!! Whoa! .drunk.








When we finally got home, (everyone was crashing at my place) the snow was falling and we zonked out about 10 minutes into the movie we put in (on my NEW DVD PLAYER!)









The lowdown on the newbies: Jen is 24, Drew 25; they have been married for 5 years (Christians) and are from Portland Oregon; Jen will work in Trav's part-time position and Drew may or may not work (I've suggested a job I was offered in Oyama); they seem really nice and fun and we all look forward to seeing them again!






0 Comments:



adopt your own virtual pet!