crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Monday, January 30, 2006

Winter Blues

Two fairly uneventful weekends in a row. This trend will soon be remedied by a riproaring excursion to Tokyo next Saturday.
I'm pretty sure I watched about 093447425 DVDs this weekend (including the entire first season of Sex and the City) - I love it when large numbers start with "0" because it adds to my retarded inaccuracies. My bedroom became Mega-Bed again and Jody, Tressa and I camped out and nursed Tress back to health - she's been sick since being trapped in Narita for 48 hours last weekend... I'm thinking Thriller: "Trapped in Narita" - the story of two ladies' weekend in airport hell.
Made dinner for Koji on Sunday night (Thai), which was nice.
In other good news: Tressa and I recently resigned our contracts for next year (yay! raise!) and before doing so made the request that our company move us into nicer/cleaner/newer apartments; we were not holding our breath that they would oblige: fees to rent just one apartment can cost upwards of $2500 (much of which one does not get back when they move out). My boss, Cynthia, phoned Saturday to tell me that she'd actually been thinking of moving us for a while and, since we asked, something of a fire was lit under her ass... so, WE'RE MOVING!!! Well, probably not for a month or two, but still, YAY! So glad we asked.
While lazing about all weekend the girls and I came to the conclusion that this phantom, Winter Blues, is a little less elusive when one is abroad. We are all just a little more jaded and cynical about being in Japan lately. Personally, I'm finding more difficult to brush off the blatant racism and sexism, to deal with the often annoying differences in lifestyles, and honestly, to breathe the air. I guess it just wears on a girl. Jody and I agreed that we would have the worlds best jobs, if they weren't in Japan. Not to worry folks, it's mostly good here and I'm sure this bout of depression will warm up with impending summer.

3 Comments:

    • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Fluffica said…

      well don't leave before i get my skank ass to japan for a visit

       
    • At 9:11 AM, Blogger Crystal said…

      of course not, don't be silly... well, at least not back to canada

       
    • At 10:22 AM, Blogger Fluffica said…

      i just realized i probably shouldn't write "skank ass" when your mom reads your blog. just for the record my ass is neither skanky nor assy. it's more saggy. sorry kim. :(

       
    • Post a Comment


adopt your own virtual pet!