crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Sunday, February 12, 2006

What would have been a long weekend

After a miserable Friday, I put on a smiling face and decided not to let the Driver's License Debaucle get the best of me. Tressa and I planned for a low-key night including a few drinks at our favourite izakaya, Sankano, with whomever happened to show up. Jody had other plans, but decided instead to surprise Tressa and I with her company and two beautiful bouquets of pink tulips. A definite upswing.

At about 9pm we finally made it to dinner at this fabulous hole-in-the-wall Indian Diner about 10 minutes from my place. I seriously cannot understand why I don't eat there daily: amazing hand-made food. Around 11pm we met up with Nori and Dan at the pub, which is actually only a few blocks from Gagan, the curry house. Hoots were had, but the drinking was fairly minimal.

Saturday involved some house-tidying, some email-writing, some Sex and the City-watching, and some ladies-gossiping. Tressa decided to go with Peter to Mito and meet up with our co-workers, Amy and Christa, Saturday night, but Jody and I had plans for today (Sunday) so we stayed behind (Mito would likely have been an all-nighter). Instead we met a Tsukuba friend, Martin, for dinner at our mexican joint, El Torito, and called 'er an early night.

Today, since I will have no opportunity tomorrow, I am busy blogging, cleaning and trying to get some packing done. Moving in less than two week, but we may get the keys early... so I need to get my ass in gear. Also, I am readying myself for a dinner with Koji.

Koji and I will be cooking traditional Japanese nabe together at his apartment this evening. It will be my first time, so I'm really excited. As far as I know, nabe is like a soup cooked on the table (like fondue) where you pick out the boiling bits with your ohashi (chopsticks). Should be oishi (delicious)! Anyhow, I am rather disappointed that we will, again, have to cut our evening short because of work, now that I have to get up and go BACK to Mito at 6:30am. Grrrrr.

0 Comments:



adopt your own virtual pet!