crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Sunday, February 12, 2006

On becoming a Wino...

Most of you know how hilarious my younger sister Rebecca is, but here's the latest installment. This is here latest email to me, in it's entirety.


So you know what doesn't make sense...

my logic for buying wine!

For me, the most important quality in wine is PRICE. Closely followed by a calculation of ALCOHOL CONTENT (ie. which one calculates to getting me drunk for cheaper). The next thing I would have to say is a toss up between FUNKY LABEL and FREE GIFT. I do like a cool looking bottle of wine, yet, everyone likes Free Stuff. Today I found myself putting down my $5.99 special in favour of an $11.99 bottle which came with a small spongy penguin toy. I mean, seriously! 1. The toy was ugly, 2. Useless, and 3. I was actually willing to pay $6 for this thing just because it was "FREE"!!!

Where have my standards gone!?!

What ever happened to the importance of PRICE!?!

Oh, I'm getting so frivolous now that I have more money to spend.


PS - In the end, I smartened up (with the help of Michael) and went for the 4L Box instead...

A FREE BOX!!!

3 Comments:

    • At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      4L box hey, well I'm not sure on the quality on that, but good for you. lol and if I remeber right being a Wino isnt exactly a new thing . ttyl Kim

       
    • At 4:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Thanks Crystal... and Kim.

      In an exciting update: I found a new favorite way to choose wine...

      Win it! When you win wine it is free! So you get the ol' 2 in 1 (Cheap-ass wine and a free gift!!!) Fantastic!

      PS- It was actually MOM who let me one to the world's cheapest white wine in all it's 4L glory - Hochtaler!

       
    • At 10:54 AM, Blogger Crystal said…

      isn't it great that our mother selflessly ensures the alcoholism of her dear daughters. that's love man, that's love.

       
    • Post a Comment


adopt your own virtual pet!