crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Monday, February 20, 2006

Dullard ...with "Mental Issues"

That's me. Nothing exciting to report.

Haven't heard from anyone at home lately; I must have crossed into the "Lost and Forgotten" category. I've heard that happens once you are away a while.

My week has been filled with packing. I hate moving. At least this move is worthwhile. Tressa and I got our keys (except they're not keys, they're cards. That say "guest" on them. Like our apartments are hotel rooms or something. Already annoying.) on Friday. Moved a load in on Saturday and had ourselves a nice beer to christen the places. I'll move over a couple more loads throughout the week, but official move-in day is Saturday. Free beer for those who help! RSVP.

The problem with having a nice new apartment is that it makes you want to fill it with nice new stuff. Bugger. I, of course, have a heafty wishlist. With Thailand quickly approaching, however, I do not have a heafty budget. **sigh** I am sick of living like a squatter.

Saturday night karaoke. Good times. Newbies, Jen and Drew, and later, Nori, Dan and Tomo joined. Tressa was more inebriated than ever... I had to take her home early. Poor dear. Good fun though.

Some *duch was reported as saying that I have "mental issues" and that I'd have to deal with them before said duch would hang out with me. This irritates me because my biggest mental issue is that I want everyone to like me, and because Duchboy has decidedly the biggest mental issues of anyone (classic "look who's talking" rebuttal). They say that being in Japan too long can make a person snap, so Duchboy can't really be blamed... but I'm uncertain as to why I was singled out. In any case, most people I meet chalk my so-called "mental issues" up to part of my charm.

Stay well, stay warm. The blizzards will pass and then you'll bitch about the heat.

*Duch, derived from douche, is borrowed from J-lingo: The Terminology and Vocabulary of Jessica Antonio. Duch implies the dumbing-down of an already repugnant and derogatory term and usually conveys some sarcastic or comedic undertones.

4 Comments:

    • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Christopher Barzak said…

      I usually ignore people who talk about me in such a way. Usually they're pointing a finger that should be pointed right back at themselves, according to my mother, who is funny because she actually does the action to mimic the phrase when she says it. hehehe. Seriously, unless everyone is saying the same thing, or unless someone hit a nerve you sense may be right and possibly you want to investigate on your own terms, shrug em off. People can be really judgemental and most often will judge something about someone that is really a reflection of something they themselves have a problem with.

       
    • At 1:57 AM, Blogger Crystal said…

      Thanks Chris!!

       
    • At 7:45 AM, Blogger Fluffica said…

      well obviously said duch is not aware that you are social coordinator extraordinaire and that with your abundant capacity for "mental issues" you may forget to allow him to have a social life. OOPS!

       
    • At 11:39 AM, Blogger Crystal said…

      you are ever-so-insightful, my dear... my thoughts exactly.

       
    • Post a Comment


adopt your own virtual pet!