crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Turning Japanese...

I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so...

hmmmmm... sing it fast-like, you'll get the reference.

Okay, I'm willing to admit that I do know a lot about blogs (now)... or at least the eight that I check bi-daily (is that a word??). So yesterday my day was made because 7/8 blogs I check (not including my own, which I check at least tri-daily... you know, to make sure it's still there and all) had new posts! woot! I am truly obsessed.

Today my day was made when I "stopped in" to the Roble mall in Oyama and accidentally dropped $90 on purchases for MYSELF! ahhhh! Curiously, I seem to be drawn to items of my own liking when Christmas shopping for others; I've heard that some of you have this same problem. I ask you ladies, because obviously I'm identifying with my ladies here, how will we combat this!?! Then again, does it matter? hehe

Okay, I can truly justify the two sweaters I purchased, identical except in colour, (one is BRIGHT pink, the other white) as it is getting cooler here in Japan and I definitely did not bring enough sweaters; furthermore, they were a steal at $19 each. Conversely, I am feeling a smidge guilty about tossing out $49 (sale from $59) on a pair of tan-coloured high-heeled cowboy boots. OMG! If you are my mother, disregard what you just read! The rest of you, please understand that I have wanted a pair of cowboy boots since the day personal style knocked on my door (not necessarily high-heeled, mind you). What's more, boots of the cowboy sort are ALL THE RAGE here in Japan. I was inundated with longing for a pair every time I left the house!

Finally, you must realize, that I actually am semi-inadvertently turning Japanese. No word of a lie. I blend. Did I mention that a J-guy and I actually had the following conversation at the wine festival:

Me: "Yeah, so this is great hey?"
J-guy: "Uh, good. Uh, yes. You like wine?"
Me: "You know it!" (probably too much enthusiasm there...)
J-guy: "You, uh, speak English very well."
Me: "That's good, it is my first language and all."
J-guy: "Oh weally? With your glasses I thought you Japanese!"
***awkward laughter throughout group***

So there you have it. My transformation is nearly complete.

In other news: while at the mall I also laid down $70 on friggin' Christmas cards (have to buy individuals, no box-sets here)! Ya'll better cherish them like your first-born (it is required that I speak like a red-neck now that I am the proud owner of a pair of cowboy boots, ya'hear)!

2 Comments:

    • At 8:11 AM, Blogger Jody (White) and Juan Leon said…

      Word-up on the Christmas Cards... I dropted about the same amount. People better put them on display until Valentine's Day and then they should put them in some sort of shrine until October next year, then they can put them in a special ceder box lined with velvet until it is appropriate to dislpay christmas decorations again. Repeat again year after year until the card is a pile decomposed mass.

       
    • At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      ok i have decided i am now making christmas cards...haha. i have an assortment of red and green paper -that'll do. woot about the cowboy boots chan! boots or no boots you will never be as redneck as i am though.
      Tressa

       
    • Post a Comment


adopt your own virtual pet!