crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

OHMYGOD-SO-CUTE!!!!!

This morning was my first-ever Christmas Concert as a teacher!!! My Friday school, Shiraume Kindergarten, asked me to MC the 5-age performances as they chose to do English productions this year. The performances went something like this:

Crystal Sensei (into MICROPHONE, woot!): Goodmorning children, how are you today?
J-kids: I'm fine, thank you. And you?
CS: I'm fine, thank you. Let's begin with introductions! What's your name? (to 1st JK)
JK: My name is Yuki, what's your name? My name is Kiseki, what's your name? (and so on...)
CS: Very Good. Please get your cards ready. (I move onto stage to stand behind children so as to hold mic for them).
JK: This is a duck. This is a tiger. This is a monkey...
CS: Good! Cards down please. Now let's sing Hickory Dickory Dock. (I move off stage to face JK and mouth song while doing actions to prompt them).
***singing***
CS: Very Good! Now let's sing Eentsy Weensty Spider!
***more singing***
CS: Thank you children! Great Job! (I move back on stage to stand beside my kids for photo ops).
JK: Thank you for coming! Bye bye! (to 450 on-looking parents, most of whom were weilding video cameras).
X4, there were 4 groups of kids and two separate audatoriums full of parents.

Keep in mind, I had no say in what was included in these performances... it was pre-planned and I was given my lines; I take no responsibility for the inherent cheesiness. Actually, I was only involved in 40% of the whole she-bang; there were 10 performances in all. The 3-age kids jingled along with a couple songs, and had dance numbers to a couple more; they were adorable in their Anpan-man costumes. The 4-age kids also did dance numbers, dressed up as fairy princesses and super heroes; they played wind-keyboards to another set of songs. Apart from our English debut, the 5-age kids put on a 15-minute musical review of Alice in Wonderland. Basically they just danced around and sung to the tape, but it was soooo cute!! They even had two Queens of Hearts and many boys dressed up as various cards!!

Alas, because I was participating in the performance, and because I stupidly forgot my camera, I couldn't take any pictures... hopefully I'll get some next time. :(

0 Comments:



adopt your own virtual pet!