crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Not So Jobless

Phew. I got the job at the new school. The Catholic one! Ha! Actually, I'm really excited. The pluses are that the English department seems really supportive, with some really nice people in it; the students are/seem? well behaved and conscientious - OMG!; the commute will be easy - just 20 minutes! In fact, just 30% of the staff are Catholic, so that shouldn't be a concern. On the downside, the school is older and something of a gongshow for space. Teachers in the English department do not have their own classrooms, or even their own working spaces! It seems to me that everyone works in the staff room, among the carousing that goes on there. There are piles of peoples' crap everywhere because there is not room for storage. Not ideal. I don't work well in chaos. Compromises, compromises.

Of course, contracts must still be arranged (inclusive of my $6000/year paycut - training salaries, ugh), but it should all go off without a hitch. Though now that I've wrote that, I am reminded that this is England. Nothing is hitch-free in England.

0 Comments:



adopt your own virtual pet!