crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Betrothed

For those of you who haven't heard already,
I AM ENGAGED!!!
Riccardo popped the question on Sunday night. Everything was perfect. I couldn't stop laughing and crying long enough to tell him yes, but the smile on my face and my shower of kisses must have got my point across because we are officially engaged. The ring, though I couldn't even calm down long enough to look at it when it was in the box he presented, still leaves me breathless. It is more beautiful than I ever dreamed, and he picked it out himself!! We will marry in August of 2008; preparations are already underway.
In other news, I have commenced my employment as an English and Psychology teacher in a nearby secondary school. I am but four days into my training, and I am already feeling stressed out. The preparation I will need to do over the summer is immense, especially for Psychology.
Myself and another "New Starter" at the school, Naomi, comprise the Psych department. She has possibly less teaching experience than me, but thankfully hers is in a related field. Together, we will teach 10-15 weekly units of Psychology to senior students based on a curriculum we must design ourselves. The Examination Board has provided us with a rough outline of what the kids will be tested on, but how we teach the material and conduct the lessons is up to us. The Psych department at our school is in its infancy, and as such, we do not even have texts for the students (let alone ourselves!) as of yet - we have to allocate the start-up budget for the department ourselves! Yes, it is all a bit daunting, but at least my English lessons have all been pre-planned...
... then again, it would be a great help if I get my company laptop before the start of September so that I can even access said English lessons before I must teach them! No promises there, says our Techy. Ugh.
Did I mention that my school is home to the so-called "ghetto" population of students in the district? Perhaps I should get used to calling myself Crystal Pfeiffer, instead of Crystal Weber?

The Ring














3 Comments:

    • At 2:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Crystal its gorgeous!!!!
      love kc

       
    • At 5:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Holy shit! gorgeous!!! Well done. It was really nice to see you during your visit. Good luck with teaching...sounds like the work of Master's teachers here! Designing cirriculum and such. You're up to the challenge though.
      :) luv Amy

       
    • At 5:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Cryssie!!!! Oh my GOd! Congratulations! I am very happy for you:) What a beautiful ring...where did he propose? At your house? Miss you
      Tress

       
    • Post a Comment


adopt your own virtual pet!