crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Big News!

So I sent in my UK visa application the morning after I arrived in Vancouver, Monday the 18th. It arrived at the British High Commission in Ottawa this morning, Wednesday the 20th. I received an email from the BHC this afternoon:


I'VE BEEN APPROVED!!


YAY!!! No more visa troubles for this girl! YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!

Oh, in other news, the day before I left England I got a job!!!! Someone was foolish enough to hire me as a full time English and Psychology instructor at a public high school! Hahahahaha!

F$#* - I gotta get my shit together! Those little buggers will know if I'm talking out my ass!

a.n.y.w.a.y... I start the day after I return from Canada, July 16th, and job-shadow for a week, then we all go on summer holiday - WITH FULL PAY! Yee-haw! What's more, the UK is so lacking teachers that their government is willing to fund my on-the-job teaching certification/accreditation through Warwick University! Goodbye, having to pay $30,000 CN to get the piece of paper through a Canadian Uni... not to mention waitlisting!

Special thanks to my Mama who suggested I get my C.V. out and about BEFORE the Canada trip!

5 Comments:

    • At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Congratulations Crystal!
      Great news!
      Dave

       
    • At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      We're gonna get 'em all, baby, we are invincible, hehe!

       
    • At 8:06 PM, Blogger Crystal said…

      Thanks, Dave!
      Yep, it's all up-hill from here, Riki-chan!
      oxox

       
    • At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Herzlichen Glückwunsch zu Deiner Anstellung. Das sind wirklich gute Neuigkeiten.
      Viel Spaß bei der neuen Arbeit bzw. bei den bezahlten Ferien.
      André

       
    • At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Herzlichen Glückwunsch zu Deiner Anstellung. Das sind wirklich gute Neuigkeiten.
      Viel Spaß bei Deiner neuen Aufgabe bzw. den bezahlten Ferien.
      André

       
    • Post a Comment


adopt your own virtual pet!