crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Monday, October 09, 2006

Giving Thanks

I'm not really sure, but since MSN Today has been talking a lot about how to cook a turkey, I'm guessing this weekend is Thanksgiving in Canada. Shows how out-of-the-'loops (hehe) I am, hey? Anyway, I thought it was a good excuse to get over my self-pity and think about what I have to be thankful for, so here goes:

  • I am thankful that there are a number of people out there who care a great deal for me, and that I care about, too.
  • I am thankful that I've managed to work almost 2 years in a fabulous job, making probably the best money I'll ever make, and have been smart enough to use some of that money to make a sizeable dent in my debt while still enjoying my travel experience.
  • I am thankful that I've had an opportunity to live in a foreign country and really get to know a very different culture from my own.
  • I am thankful that I've learned, first-hand, that there are good people all over the world.
  • I am thankful to have found a grocery store in my town that sells peanut butter (it only took a year and a half to find it!)
  • I am thankful to have suddenly met and fallen in love with a beautiful man who wants to give me the world.
  • I am thankful that I get 5 weeks of holidays over Christmas and that they will start in just 2 months TODAY!
  • I am thankful for air conditioning, because despite that it's now October, I still had to turn mine on today.
  • I am thankful that Evanescence is FINALLY putting out a new CD, after about 6-7 years.
  • I am thankful that even if they don't write me personally, there are people out there who read my blog just to make sure I'm okay (well, and because they are looking for some juicy gossip - haha).
  • I'm thankful for Thai food, and that the world's obsessed enough with it that I can get ingredients for it almost anywhere.
  • I am thankful that my bosses moved me into this beautiful apartment and that I decided to furnish it to my liking. At least it feels a little bit like home.
  • I am thankful for my camera with which I have been and will be able to document the memories I build.
  • I am thankful that I am strong and adventurous and willing to accept the new challenge of acclimating to another new culture (Germany, you sillies!)
  • I am thankful that I am a happy person and, even on a down day, can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and right now that light is called Riccardo. xox

Feel free to comment on what you're thankful for. Love yas!

0 Comments:



adopt your own virtual pet!