crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

My Feelings about Germany

I guess my recent posts have been reflecting a kind of depressed demeanor, which is not, entirely, true. Of course sometimes I'm scared to do this live-in-a-foreign-country thing all over again, and, probably moreso, scared of the big committment, but actually, these feelings are filtered with feelings of great enthusiasm about the whole thing.

I mean, come on: I get to live in EUROPE! Always wanted to go there, never expected I'd get to live there!

I'm excited to be a tourist every day again; to see century-old churches, and squares; to walk on cobbles laid by ancient Romans or whoevertheshit; to buy produce in markets that have been on the same ground since produce was invented; to never be in a place that no one has been before; to discover the roots of North American, and of my own heritage. This is exciting!

What's more, I'm superexcited to live with a boy! Unlike many of my furiouslycourting friends, I have postponed co-habitation until the almost-spinster age of 27. I hope this will not leave me too firm in my ways. I can't wait to choose furniture and kitchen stuffs and decor with a boy! I'm exceedingly excited to have someone to take care of me, and that I can take care of. I guess this is a sign, of the proverbial sense...

tick tock, tick tock

7 Comments:

    • At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      I hope you will never regreat this big step in your life! I will do whatever I can to make it as smooth as possible!

      Lova ya, Tiggy

       
    • At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      I'm sure you'll find very well in Europe, especially in Germany (I love it)!!! And remember Italy...
      I hope to meet you soon...
      Ale

      PS: You don't know me... I'm Riccardo's cousin, from Italy.

       
    • At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Just a note, boys aren't always as excited as you are to pick out kitchen stuff, furniture and the likes. Although, who knew Neil would care what color out towels are?!

      Love ya

       
    • At 4:23 AM, Blogger Crystal said…

      Thanks for the comments, everyone! I'm sure I'll love it too! xox

       
    • At 7:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      uh huh ...well now this is Jessica's MA here also known as Tanno,,,who will cheerfully kick your ass into next year if Crystal is not blissfully happy!!!

       
    • At 7:48 AM, Blogger Crystal said…

      Thanks Tannis, I know who to turn to if an ass-kicking is in order. ;) love ya!

       
    • At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Well, guess I am warned now, thanks Tanno-Tannis, will show you the target for kicking around Christmas! ;o)

       
    • Post a Comment


adopt your own virtual pet!