crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Monday, September 11, 2006

Stir Crazy

It been a while since I shook my bootie so when the ladies asked if I wanted to join in a night of debauchery in Utsunomiya, I was all "Hell Ya!"

Our evening tried to start at the good ole Lion's Head, but do to a football match on the big-screen, we ventured upstairs to Dart's Bar instead. A discussion over whether we should get in contact with one of our few remaining Utsu pals, Marco, produced the introduction of his current girlfriend who just happened to be seated next to us. Sooner or later, Marco did join the mix. Somehow when I ordered a Spumoni I ended up with a Gin-and-Tonic and I knew the God of Drink was out to get me.



Get Your Own! View Slideshow

Some time later we meandered over to Birdland, our favourite Ustunomiya Meat Market (um, because it's the ONLY Utsunomiya Meat Market). I guess we arrived there around midnight and my bootie didn't leave that dancefloor until we left around 4:30am. The place was so hot that we all walked out looking like we'd just had showers with our clothes on and smelling like, well, you know...

Highlight of the night: Tressa being told by a Nigerian man that he was falling in love with her, wanted to marry her and then she could quit teaching and he would pay for her to go to school for whatever she wanted. I guess he was looking to surpass Gentlemanville and carry straight through to Creeptown; for future reference, if you're looking to impress a lady with your money, perhaps start by simply taking her for a nice steak dinner.

All-in-all, it was a fabulous evening, though I hope to have another lengthy hiatus from the terrible Sunday-hangover. Thanks to Trex, Jod, Daich, Drew, Jen, Billy & Tomo for attending.


In other news: today is half-time for Riccardo & my first separation: 42 days down, 42 to go!! Love you baby!

1 Comments:



adopt your own virtual pet!