crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Life Without Riccardo

It's been about 35 days since Riccardo, my boyfriend, left Japan and left me here. That's just over one-third of the time we'll be apart (this time; since he's coming back for a visit at the end of October). Some of you may be wondering how I'm doing...

I'm fine.

I miss Riccardo like crazy. Having someone you love in your life every day and then suddenly not having him is hard - some days it's harder than I expected. Then again, some days it's easier. Riccardo is fantastic about communicating with me every day. We talk on the phone several times a week and email constantly (as my mother will verify - she got the brunt of that while she was visiting - SORRY MOM!). We also do this cute little "squillo" thing where we evade long-distance charges by phoning but hanging up after one ring; that way we know the other person is thinking of us.

I have found myself being something of a recluse, however. Perhaps this is because I excluded myself from social plans while Riccardo was here to the extent that no one thinks to invite me places, or perhaps it's because I'm enjoying being alone for a change. I have a lot on my plate right now anyway: back to full-time work, learning German (ich komme aus Kanada!), and a couple other projects...

Though I am well, phone calls and emails are appreciated. Love you all.

1 Comments:

    • At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      I know how it feels girl. Now that I am living with your family, I am away from my own. It's great being an adopted Hambrook right now. But I miss my man and animals. Phoenix and Al keep me company though.

       
    • Post a Comment


adopt your own virtual pet!