crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Thursday, March 02, 2006

mArDi GrAs

Good ole Barry invited us to his annual Mardi Gras party in Utsunomiya on Friday. With the impending move on Saturday, I had set myself a curfew of midnight. Then my bosses postponed their arrival time on Saturday morning to 11am, and the girls coerced me to stay until 2. Of course, several drinks later I realized that it was 5am and we were still shaking our booties. Oops.

What began at Lion's Head pub, moved upstairs to Dart's bar, and then to the ever-seedy Birdland nightclub. Our host barely made it to Birdland and had to call it a (relatively) early night.

Met up with a lot of friends from that-a-way; got some RSVPs to the Salary man/School girl party we are having next weekend. Saw hot-black-Utsu-guy (Mike) who was a dick. So OVER. Met a very interesting German fellow with whom I plan to take some travels (since the girls have already been-there-done-that with Japan while I was in Canada).

By the end of the night I may have been the only member of my trio to NOT have flashed my "girls" for beads... instead I flirted my way into four sets. Alas, what happens at Mardi Gras, stays at Mardi Gras.




Thanks again, Jody-chan, for not being upset with my constant photo-thieving!

2 Comments:



adopt your own virtual pet!