crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Not in Germs

Riccardo and I were hoping to meet up this weekend with our sis and bro, Sylvie and Michi, in Germany for a little pre-Christmas family time. Unfortunately with the extra money we had to squeeze together for the honeymoon, and the expense of flights at this time of year, we just really couldn't swing it. As it happens, Sylvie and Michele's flights were booked with Alitalia, which just went bankrupt, so it looks like they might not get there either. Poor guys. We still intend to have a conference-call Christmas celebration this Saturday, with Mamma, Pappa and the sibs.

Tomorrow is a catch-up day for Uni. This means we don't actually have to go. YAY. What sucks is, at this chaotic time in my life, I find myself taking the mature, responsible decision to get up at 6:30 anyway, so that I can sift through the huge list of things I need to get done! What I really want to do is sleep all day.

Riccardo and I went for our final vaccinations on Monday. Not that fun. We got the Yellow Fever vacc. back in Canada over summer, because it was half the price of getting it here. I updated my typhoid, meningitis and hep. for just 30 pounds, or $60. What will really bite is the malaria tablets we have to buy: the pills are over 3 pounds each, and we need 29 per person!

Plans for February? Riccardo just found out that a fourth tech day he's planned has been cancelled. His company is being severely hit by the recession. On the plus side, this means he will be in the country for my half-term break in February, when we are planning to RENOVATE. Finally. Care to help, anyone? ;D

The interest rate here is down to 2% today. The lowest ever. I wish our mortgage was up for renewal.

That's all the news.
Love yas.

0 Comments:



adopt your own virtual pet!