crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Last Half-term

I have six weeks left at my current school. Happily, they should be fairly laid-back. Yesterday I said 'Sayanora' to my year 11s. Phew, I'm glad that's done. They are nice kids, but were a pain-in-the-arse to teach (as if 'teaching' actually took place). Now I'm down to 13 classes per week, from 21. Child's play. This will leave optimal time to complete some schemes of work I've been working on, and to begin to get my shit together for Uni in Sept. I'd like to finish that program by Easter, instead of July, which will mean some really good planning and prioritising.

This week we celebrated The Rikster's 30th birthday. He's been dreading it for a while. Overall, I think it was rather anticlimactic: the actual day passed with me-and-him having a nice dinner at home and some gift-giving. I got him a new guitar (so we can have face-offs) and game (II) for Guitar Hero and a couple other trinkets. He got a voucher for canoeing at Sun Peaks this summer from my parents. We will celebrate his birthday with his family next weekend, as we are flying to Germs for the weekend to attend Andre & Melanie's wedding, but not before Riccardo jets off to Torino, Italy on business for five days (he leaves Monday). Also, tonight (Sat.) we are have a raclette dinner party for our two friends. Yes, count them - there are two. That's all, despite numerous other invitations.

It doesn't feel like June at all. June is summer, isn't it? It's sure not here - it refuses to stop raining. Gawd.

0 Comments:



adopt your own virtual pet!