crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Saturday, September 15, 2007

This Crazy Life

Right, so apologies for having fallen off the planet. The last weeks of summer suddenly got freakishly busy, and predictably, once school started I found myself overwhelmed with work. So here's the update:

A couple weekends after Thomas and Jeannette visited, Riccardo's parents, Hans and Carla, came over for a weekend. It was another lovely time spent catching up and sight-seeing; I will post pictures and details on that once I can retrieve the shots from Riccardo's camera.

Overwhelming. It's all I can think of to describe my first weeks as a high school teacher. Trying to conquer classrooms full of deliquents, a school system radically different from what I grew up with, and 14-hour/day lesson-planning has been a challenge. Understatement. Want to know more? CALL ME.

Riccardo is currently in Germany; heading to Japan on Monday; he'll be in Brazil for a few days before we weekend in Canada for those two up-coming weddings, and then returning to Brazil for another week; and in mid-October, back to Japan. Lonely me.

So, I'm advertising: I have a week off school in October (from Oct. 20 to 28) and Riccardo will only be here for the first 3 days of it. I also expect that October is an especially great season for cheap-cheap-cheap last-minute deals from Canada to either Heathrow or Manchester... so the offer's on the table.

Looks like we're moving, AGAIN. We've made an offer on a fabulously-wallpapered, 3-bed, semi in King's Heath, Birmingham which has been accepted. We are currently working our asses off at getting all the paperwork and approvals together. The move will likely occur in mid-November. Ugh.

More updates to come.
Love and hugs from us both.

0 Comments:



adopt your own virtual pet!