crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Tochigi Party Weekend

Well, perhaps I was due for a bender. It has been a while. I sure can't hold my alcohol like I used to, but I managed to pull myself together for two nights in a row of partying, Tochigi-style.

Friday night was Riccardo's Goodbye Party, organized by his good friend and colleague, Shigeru. We returned to the great little hole-in-the-wall okonomiyaki restaurant and then proceeded to karaoke. I was an excellent time, and neither Riccardo nor I had to pay a dime! Thanks so much, Shigeru!




I could have spent all day Saturday in bed; light was giving me a pounding headache through my CLOSED eyelids! Damn draught beer! But, after doing some late-afternoon shopping we met up with Anna-and-friends on the roof of the Tochigi Grand Hotel for a lively beer garden drink-fest. Met loads of new people, mostly visitors to Japan, and it didn't take long to get on the drinking bandwagon (about half a grapefruit sour). Again to karaoke, where hilarity ensued and then fairly early home because dear Riccardo is off to Fuji-san today for another attempt at summitting the peak.

Thanks Anna, for letting us help you celebrate your Quarter Centery Birthday! Another amazing weekend here in Japan!

0 Comments:



adopt your own virtual pet!