crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Friday, July 14, 2006

VIVA L'ITALIA!

World Cup Football has finished. I admit, I only watched three games, but miraculously I came in SECOND in our tip-pool!!! Approximately a dozen of Riccardo's friends and family participate in pre-selecting the winning teams before each World Cup. Not only do we guess the winners, but we also gauge the scores. Had to be Beginner's Luck.

Though he is also half German, Riccardo puts all his luck behind Italy's football team, and this year he was not disappointed...


ITALY WON!!! BEST IN THE WORLD!!!


The last match was quite thrilling; Italy won
against France in a post-overtime kick-off. Had it not been for France's Zidane's hilarious head-butting action in the second half, France would surely have made things more difficult for Italy. Happily, Germany placed third in the Cup.

I was more than a little annoyed that Canada didn't qualify for the tournament. Get your shit together Canada!! If I'm gonna have to watch football, then I want to be able to support my home country!

4 Comments:

    • At 6:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Thanks for putting that on the Blog!

      SIAMO I CAMPIONI DEL MONDO,

      ITALIA, ITALIA!!!

       
    • At 6:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Thanks for putting that on the Blog!

      SIAMO I CAMPIONI DEL MONDO,

      ITALIA, ITALIA!!!

       
    • At 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Until football is played on ice with a little black puck I think you might be cheering for Germany a little while longer!

      P.S That head-butt was awesome!!!

       
    • At 10:50 PM, Blogger Fluffica said…

      if you are going to support canada then you should probably call it soccer not football.

      just a friendly canadian type tip :)
      i was also subjected to lots of world cup talk as the NEW BF is quite the soccer junkie. he was rooting for france though. i was rooting for nobody. thank christ it is over.

      riccardo don't hate me because i hate sports :)

       
    • Post a Comment


adopt your own virtual pet!