crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Monday, July 24, 2006

100 Things About Me

1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT?
I have matching scars on both my heels from a bike I had as a kid. Despite the metal grippers on the peddles, while peddling furiously on several occassions my foot would fly off the peddle and grate along the grippers. Ouch.
2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM?
The greyish-biege wallpaper that's throughout my apartment, pictures of family and friends, and various Japanesy shit.
3. WHAT DOES YOUR CELL PHONE LOOK LIKE?
It's fabulous! But it's not a cell phone, it's a KEITAI. It's metallic pink with a reversable screen that features a picture of half of my face. I chose to believe that this is not vain because the picture is slightly artsy, though my boyfriend has mentioned on more than one occassion that he thinks HIS picture should grace the front of my keitai. Because you'll be deported from Japan for NOT having them, my keitai features two charms: (1) a silver "C" with rhinestones and a matching dolphin - a student got me this from Kamagawa Seaworld, and (2) a pink Onsen Hello Kitty - Nori got me this from her trip to Hakone.
4. WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?
Because I'm totally homesick for television, I have been listening to the five CDs of The O.C. soundtracks that I downloaded. Retarded, I know, but actually, the music is great.
5. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN?
I think it was around 7am, but I could be totally wrong. Mom?
6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?
For the next four months to go by in a blink.
7. WHO DO YOU MISS?
My family and friends in Canada, and in advance, Riccardo.
8. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION/S?
The necklace my mom gave me when I left for Japan; the earrings Riccardo gave me.
9. WHAT IS YOUR ZODIAC SIGN?
Capricorn, but I have no idea how that describes me.
10. DO YOU GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC?
Nopers.
11. DO YOU GET AFRAID OF THE DARK?
Nopers.
12. THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY?
I used to say I don't cry, but lately that's not true. Other people don't usually make me cry, I usually cry all by myself.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE COLOGNE / PERFUME?
On myself, Sandlewood from The Body Shop; otherwise, Riccardo's whatever-cologne.
14. WHAT KIND OF HAIR/EYE COLOR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Dark hair, blue or green eyes.
15. WHERE CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF PROPOSING?
I can't see myself proposing. I've honestly never fantasized that it'd happen that way.
16. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINK?
Cold "Georgia Max" coffee-in-a-can from any vending machine.
17. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING?
The cheeeeeezu! Then tomatoes.
18. IF YOU CAN EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Cashew tofu from the hidden restaurant in Chatuchak, Bangkok.
19. WHO IS THE LAST PERSON YOU MADE MAD?
Riccardo.
21. WHAT WAS THE FIRST GIFT SOMEONE EVER GAVE YOU?
Life.
22. DO YOU LIKE ANYBODY?
Sure do.
23. ARE YOU DOUBLE JOINTED?
No such thing. It's called flexibility, and yes, I am. Seven years of gymnastics will do that.
24. FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND?
Old Navy, Old Navy!!
25. WHAT'S YOUR DREAM CAR?
Compact Chev Blazer, 4-door, navy blue.
26. DO YOU HAVE A PET RIGHT NOW?
Yes, kind of, but he lives with my parents in Canada.
27. WHAT KIND IS IT?
A cat named Phoenix
28. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS GOING TO MOVE AWAY?
Um no, I would NEVER do that... A-hem, rrrrright. Did I mention that Riccardo leaves in five days?
29. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TELL SOMEONE HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU?
I like email, but it's probably not the best way.
30. SAY A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED:
14. This is not a question, it's a demand.
32. WHAT IS THE ONE NUMBER YOU CALL OFTEN?
Well, not so into calling, but I guess I'd have to say, my parents'.
33. WHAT ANNOYS YOU MOST?
Unfounded disrespect; racism.
34. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE USA?
Actually, I've spent the majority of my life outside of the USA, thank you.
37. FIRST JOB?
Paper carrier. I think I was 8.
38. DONE A PRANK CALL?
Definitely. Sounds like a good way to spend this afternoon...
40. IF YOU COULD GET PLASTIC SURGERY WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Nothing too invasive; maybe Botox when I get some more wrinkles.
41. WHY DID YOU FILL OUT THIS SURVEY?
I wanted to blog something.
42. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST?
My cooking? I don't know. Whatever.
43. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF ALCOHOL BECAME ILLEGAL?
Drink it anyway. I walk on the wild side, doncha know?
44. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY?
A return open-ended ticket to Germany. I don't ask much, do I? ;)
45. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT?
Two or three. Any after that will be adopted from underpriviledged homes/countries.
46. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Yes, my middle name is from my mom's former best friend, Lynne.
47. DO YOU WISH ON STARS?
Yep, but I'm starting to think this is not a productive way to make things happen in my favour.
48. WHAT DID YOU DO THIS MORNING?
Checked my email, went to to work for 2 hours.
49. WHAT DID YOU LAST EAT?
School lunch: rice, miso soup, boiled cabbage, fried squash fritters and grapefruit slices. Oh, with water and ocha. This is my best school for lunches.
50. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Actually I do, but everyone else bitches about how illegible it is. Is "illegible" a word?
51. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Turkey, I suppose, but I'm not really a sandwich girl.
52. ANY BAD HABITS?
Chewing my fingernails, but lately I've stopped. Now if I can only get the damn nails to grow properly and be un-bendy. I hate this habit!
53. WHAT IS YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING CD ON THE SHELF?
So many to chose from... Celine Dion?
54. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Sure.
55. HAVE YOU EVER TOLD A SECRET YOU SWORE NOT TO TELL?
Yes, but never the important stuff.
56. DO LOOKS MATTER?
Only a little. Intelligence and sense of humour are far more important.
57. HOW DO YOU RELEASE ANGER?
Bitching, crying, eating.
58. WHERE IS YOUR SECOND HOME?
Japan. First home: with Riccardo; third home: my parents' place.
59. WHAT IS ONE OF YOUR PERSONALITY TRAITS?
I'm fair. Or at least I try to be.
60. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD?
Barbie, but only to dress her up, do her hair and then undress her and undo her hair. Repeatedly. I never had enough imagination or creativity for a storyline.
63. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
No. I NEVER use sarcasm.
65. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A GUY/GIRL?
I'm not looking.
66. WHAT ARE YOUR NICKNAMES?
Baby, honey, Cryssie, Crys, Hammy, Hambone, Hamlet, Hamstar, Not-driving-pants...
70. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
Lately, this Cookies-&-Cream variety I can only find at Kasumi.
71. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOR?
PINK!
72. WHAT DO YOU CARE ABOUT THE MOST?
Boyfriend, family and friends.
73. WHAT DO YOU MISS MOST RIGHT NOW?
Canada. Television, western food and shopping...
74. HOW MANY WISDOM TEETH DO YOU HAVE?
Just one left. It's in my brain somewheres.
75. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS?
I don't care.
77. LAST THING YOU DRANK?

Am drinking. Cranberry Water.
78. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
I can't remember. Oh, Riccardo, when he phoned from halfway up Fuji-san last night. I can go weeks without talking on the phone.
79. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE IN THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Teeth/smile.
80. FAVORITE THOUGHT PROVOKING SONG?
Fix You by Coldplay. Yep, ditto. For the moment anyway.
81. FAVORITE THING TO HATE?
Hmmm, there is something I want to say that probably isn't appropriate here, so I'll just say dried fish flakes.
82. FAVORITE DRINK(S)?
Cranberry Water.
83. BLOOD TYPE?

This did say "Zodiac Sign" which was already asked, so I changed it. In Japan they are interested in blood type like we are in Zodiac signs. I forget what mine is.
84. FAVORITE SPORT?
Lately, badminton.
85. WHAT IS YOUR HAIR COLOR?
Light brown/blonde.
86. EYE COLOR?
Hazelish.
87. HEIGHT?
I say 5'3, but people disagree. Must be the high heels.
88. SIBLINGS?
Two fabulous sisters, and a few girl friends who are as close as sisters.
89. FAVORITE MONTH?
December back home, because it's so festive.
90. YOU LIKE SUSHI?
Yep, though not all varieties... some are VERY scary here in Japan.
91. LAST THING YOU WATCHED?
Part of "The Life and Death of Peter Sellers."
92. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR?
Hallowe'en.
93. ARE YOU TOO SHY TO ASK SOMEONE OUT?
Yes. Usually.
94. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Summer.
95. KISSES OR HUGS?
Depends who from. Usually hugs, but they have to be REAL hugs.
96. RELATIONSHIPS OR ONE NIGHT STANDS?
Definitely relationships.
97. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU BOUGHT?
Cranberry Water.
98. WHO IS THE LEAST LIKELY TO ANSWER THIS?
Don't care.
99. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING?
Shogun, by James Clavell. Still. Well, it's is over 1200 pages afterall.
100. ANYONE IN LOVE WITH YOU?
Yes. Madly. :D

2 Comments:

    • At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Pick me, pick me for question 100!!!

       
    • At 6:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      There is a huge Old Navy about 5 minutes from my house here in Missoula...now you have to come visit!
      Parker

       
    • Post a Comment


adopt your own virtual pet!