crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Chronicles of Narnia

What can I say, Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe was everything I remembered, and everything I didn't.

My mom read us these stories when my sisters and I were children, and though I had only a vague idea, after all these years, of the characters and plotline, I was complelled to see the on-screen version.

As is always the case with cinema, everything was bigger than the imagination. The costumes were fantastic, especially the grand and atmospheric hair-dos of the White Witch. The special effects were enthralling. The scenes and cinematography were eclipsing. On the whole, a dynamic and most successful recreation of a classic.

My only complaint was for the somewhat nauseating portrayal of Lucy Pevensie by young Georgie Henley. Other characters, especially Mr. Tumnus, played by James McAvoy and Edmund Pevensie, (just as infuriating as I recall) played
by Skandar Keynes were spot-on.

Though I'm certain Chronicles... is no longer in theatres in the West, I would have advised anyone willing to see it on the big screen; in fact, I should like to see it again! I give it four out of five stars.

0 Comments:



adopt your own virtual pet!