crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

38 Weeks

I've been well taken care of over the past couple weeks: Ashley's been here from Canada! While Riccardo was in Germany, we had some great girly time, and she's stayed on an extra week to visit London! I really hope she loves London as much as I do!
So what have we been up to? Well, we went for Afternoon Tea in Stratford-upon-Avon; bought truckloads of chocolate at Cadbury World; shopped in the Bullring and on New Street; got into the festive spirit at the Frankfurt Christmas Market; and enjoyed a traditional Sunday roast lunch at a lovely country pub. All this in addition to never-ending laundry (have to wash all the baby stuff I've bought!) and preparations of food for the Christmas season. This year I've scaled back slightly, despite knowing we're still going to have a very full house! We've made wontons, filo triangles, greek rice pies and chocolate chip cookies. I have yet to do the sugar cookies and macaroons. And people think I'm sitting around with my feet up during this maternity leave! Ha!

In other news, my parents and sister, Kelsey, are currently sunning in the Mayan Riviera. So jealous! They seem to really be enjoying themselves; they're currently at an ocean-side villa with private pool. Because it's in the middle of nowhere, it's actually quite affordable. Definitely something I'd consider doing on a future holiday! (None of those in the horizon, however!)

Baby is still baking nicely and seems to have no intention of making it's debut any time soon. Now that Riccardo has safely returned from Germany, I'm amping up my physical activities: more walking, more cleaning, more stair-climbing. At 38 weeks, as long as it's done in moderation, there's no harm... especially when baby is currently sized at about 41 weeks! OMG! Otherwise, I'm feeling healthy and energetic still. Back to the hospital for ultrasound scan #8 and other check-ups on Thursday.

Riccardo and I recently finished the antenatal course we signed up for in our area. It was quite expensive, but really worth it on two levels: obviously the 15 hours were full of information - in some cases, Riccardo thought, a little too much information! But also, we got to meet eight other couples in the same situation as us. Of course they are all expecting a baby within a month of us, but also, they are all around our age, from our local area and at least semi-professional. It's been a great way to meet people. Tomorrow I'm meeting u
p for a second post-course luncheon with the ladies, and on Thursday evening Riccardo will meet with the guys for drinks. I'm just so pleased about this!

When we took Ashley out for the roast lunch last weekend, we enlisted her photography skills. Since the location is so picturesque, we asked her to take some preggers pics of us together, so that's what you can see here. I'm 38 weeks in these photos - what a beach ball! xx

1 Comments:

    • At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Danica said…

      Look how beautiful you are!
      Glad to hear everything is going so well. Merry Christmas! (Why don't you e-mail me your address and I'll send a card in the mail. danicagrunert@yahoo.ca)

       
    • Post a Comment


adopt your own virtual pet!