crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Company's Coming

The holidays are off to a roaring start. In our three days off alone together, Riccardo and I have conquered the following:
  • chocolate chip cookies
  • chorizo & manchego puffs
  • almond/cinnamon stars
  • mini quiches
  • ham & cheese logs
  • chocolate maccaroons
  • decorated sugar cookies
  • crab & cream cheese filo triangles
  • cherry tarts
All this in preparation for our Three Weeks of Family, as I've named Christmas, 2009. What's more, I'm currently making homemade spinach soup and fish pie. Hopefully this all means I can pretty much avoid the kitchen, apart from The Christmas Feast!

So the in-laws arrive this afternoon. The sister-and-brother-in-law tomorrow morning. They'll all stay through to the 28th, and on the 29th my sisters, mom and niece arrive. Can't wait!

We've got loads of activities planned: a visit to the Frankfurt Christmas Market in Birmingham (so awesome!); two visits to Stratford; Boxing Day at the Dog Races; fondue; a day trip to Windsor Castle; raclette; bowling with family and friends; and probably, loads of board games, movies, snowy walks, and eating thrown in for good measure. I love Christmas!

Well folks, since this is probably the last internet time I'll have to myself in the coming days/weeks,

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!

Wishing you and yours health and happiness this holiday season.
Love Crystal & Riccardo

P.S. Inevitably, pictures will follow in the new year.

0 Comments:



adopt your own virtual pet!