crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Good News

Just like the year, things here are wrapping up. Tomorrow is the last day of classes before we 'break up' for Christmas. Children and teachers alike will be feasting on a turkey buffet (pronounced booffey) at lunch tomorrow. I've also baked all my kids cookies, and have prepared for their little Christmas parties. I've got my years 8 and 9 lessons planned up until March, and only my yr. 11 crap to work on over my 2-week break. Christmas cards are sent/delivered. Shopping is done; presents are wrapped. My mobile phone has FINALLY been reconnected, after faxing in proof of our change of address SEVEN times, and waiting (impatiently) for SIX weeks. I've also, supposedly, got a rebate on the way for line rental fees for those 6 weeks. Our reservation is made for New Years Eve Teppanyaki, with or without the fabulous Cox's. Our passports were promptly returned from the Home Office on Tuesday (though I had to pick them up at 7:00 am on Wednesday morning because we missed delivery), so barring any new catastrophes, we can proceed as planned to Germany for Christmas. Tonight we're meeting our semi-neighbour for a drink, and tomorrow we're having Riccardo's Japanese tutor, Mitsue-san, for dinner. Saturday will be a mix of laundry, packing and cleaning. Then, 6:30 Sunday morning, we're off to Dover to catch our ferry for the long drive to Ginsheim-Gustavsburg. I feel bored, almost, what with all the loose ends being tied.

I'll be bringing my computer to Germs with me, and look forward to your emails. Let me know if you have some time to chat while you are on break, and we'll schedule a phone-date for you to call me at Riccardo's parents.

May Santa bring you Christmas cheer, above all. All the best to you and your families.
Love Crystal xxx

0 Comments:



adopt your own virtual pet!