crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Read All About It

The last few weeks have been crazy, but thankfully I'm enjoying a little bit of a breather now that I'm on my mid-term break. A week off to catch-up, is what it boils down to.

The weekend we spent in Canada was not as exhausting as I thought, though I had prepared myself for the worst. We tried to keep things pretty low-key and not be gongshowed the whole time. Best of all, the weddings we attended were enchanting and lovely. I still can't believe my little sister is MARRIED.

So as Rebecca and Mike headed to the Caribbean, and Ashely and Neil to Hawaii, Riccardo and I jumped back over the pond and haven't stopped running since. He's been in Brazil since our return, which he thoroughly enjoyed, despite the sunburn, and left for Japan this morning. I have continued to battle horrid teenagers (and some decent ones) at work, and have, perhaps, seen some positive progress.

We have both been extremely busy with negotiations for the house we are trying to buy in Birmingham; we're told that things are progressing well, and we'll be coming to completion within the next few weeks. The system is rather ridiculous here, as there is no certainty until the very last minute; so besides not having had time to pack thus far, we really won't know if packing is necessary until the house is legally, and financially, ours. Everyone is still aiming for mid-November though.

And what will I do with my week's holiday: marking, making slideshows and preparing lessons, applying for university (for on-the-job teaching certification), attending meetings with our estate agent and our lawyer, cleaning up this disaster of a house and, hopefully, packing.

At least the blog updates from the last month are finished...

0 Comments:



adopt your own virtual pet!