crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Monday, March 26, 2007

Thieving

That's what I'm doing right now. But it's not my fault. Since we moved into our new aparto we haven't had Internet access, which accounts for my lack of response to your emails, so we must get by on "very low" and "no signal" wireless connections that waft only into certain parts of the apartment. Anyway, we should have the Internet hooked up within a week or so. Apparently.

This news, however, enticed me to suck up my guilty conscious and sneak into the wireless waves nonetheless:

I found a FABULOUS job! Somehow I horseshoed my way into my ideal teaching job, and I barely had an interview before I was hired! The job will be a full-time teaching position at a State International Elementary School/Kindergarten (like public English Immersion school) that begins with the next school year. I will have my own classroom of rugrats, great pay and full benefits (because it's a government position), visa sponsorship, and it's only a 35-minute drive away! What's more, the International program is just a few years old, so there's tons of room for creativity.

So, in conjunction with my new employer, I have officially submitted my first application for a German Work Visa, and have high hopes as we've been assured by the VERY friendly ladies at our new local Foreigner's Office that approval won't be a problem! It's still "wait-and-see" at this point, but I'm optimistic... and still reeling at my luck!

Fingers crossed, thumbs pressed!

0 Comments:



adopt your own virtual pet!