crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Monday, February 26, 2007

Night at the Movies

There are always going to be some aspects of home that I miss while living abroad. Though, so far, Germany is much more what I'm accustomed to than Japan, there are still some little differences. What's great is when things differ for the better!

Since it's been ages since we've seen a movie, and because the cinema in Mainz offers films in original English (sans-dubbing) only on Sunday and Monday nights, we decided to go to the cinema last night. For those wanting to enjoy a movie in English, they have only one choice weekly, and ours was "Night at the Museum." Though Riki had been dying to see it, I was less than enthusiastic, but the popcorn and an excuse to dress up drew me in.

Riki surprised me by reserving a cuddle-seat (or, what I like to refer to as "make-out couch") in advance via the Internet. How sweet! Basically it's a little sofa that's built into the row of regular seats and there's usually at least one in each row. Very comfortable... especially when I get to sprawl across it with my legs over Riki!
Other cool features of the cinemas here in Germany are: 1. They sell beer and various alcoholic beverages for your drinking enjoyment throughout the show. In fact, inside the cinema are two bars (one more lounge and the other more club) and a Mexican restaurant. We didn't partake in this feature, since it was a Sunday night, but I can definitely see myself taking full advantage in the future! And, 2. After the advertisements and before the movie begins the lights go up briefly so that a round of ice cream bars can be sold to the audience. Again, I didn't partake because my head was pretty much buried in my bag O popcorn, but what a fab idea!

Oh yeah, and the movie was hilarious, too. Thanks, baby.

0 Comments:



adopt your own virtual pet!