crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Gesundheit

Sometimes when I think of my health over the last couple years these strange images of zombie-like children approaching me with outstretched hands that are dripping with snot arise. When I first got to Japan and started teaching I remember laughing in disgust with Tressa over how many of the little tykes ran around all day with green boogies on their upper-lips. I remember how many of these monsters I had to remind to cover their mouths when they sneezed or coughed. I never once wondered why I spent the entire 2-year stint sick.

Okay, so I left Japan a little "under the weather" - I can proudly say that I kicked that bacterial Meningitis to the curb. What's more important, however, is that I've been illness-free ever since mid-December. This is a record, people! No cough, no sniffles, nothing.

Until now. I'm being initiated into Germany with a typical German cold, or so I am told. My throat isn't sore, I'm not particularly sneezy, I don't really have a cough, but I'm achy all over and headachy, tired and weak, and most importantly, my teeth hurt. This is weird. I've never had a cold that attacked all upper and lower teeth on my rear left side, but here it is.

I guess some people can call themselves lucky since this so-called German symptom has effectively shut me up, for the time being.

0 Comments:



adopt your own virtual pet!