crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Daily Life

Some of you may be interested in how I fill my days now that Riki is back to work. Here it is people:

If Riki isn't on a business trip, I usually sleep until 9:30ish; if he's home, we get up around 6:15. In any given order throughout the average day I usually check emails and blogs, correspond with potential employers, research visa requirements, research language schools I may attend/apply for a position at, and study at least 1 lesson in my self-study German course. Having re-started said course upon my arrival here, I can proudly say that I'm up to lesson 16 and already speak better German than I ever did Japanese!

Additionally, a couple times each week I cook lunch for the family, which is the main meal for the day; this usually involves a walk to the nearest supermarket (about a 15-minute walk). A few times each week I go for a walk with Carla, and once or twice a week we play cards or a boardgame after lunch. I've grown quite fond of capuccino breaks with Sylvia, who makes fantastic capuccino. I've also taken up baking as a hobby, which I'm not too proud of.

Finally, if everything else has been finished or become tiresome, I sometimes play SIMS or watch one of my DVD-shows: either The OC or Desperate Housewives. As in Japan, if anyone is interested in sending copies of seasons 3+ of The OC, seasons 2+ of Desperate Housewives, and/or seasons 1+ of Grey's Anatomy I would be eternally grateful. Don't worry about sending duplicates; if I get more than one copy of any of the aforementioned series' I can send them away to some people still in Japan who I know would also be eternally grateful. ;D

And then there is the blogging. Unlike some people, I have not fallen off the blog-planet (a-hem! shortbus!) So if there's anything you'd like to see posted, just comment or email me.

1 Comments:

    • At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      And if anyone is interested in that: I am bringing home the bacon and tell my little girl to "eat your ham!"

       
    • Post a Comment


adopt your own virtual pet!