crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Not A Knight's Tale

On Saturday Riki and I went to meet another of my potential Au Pair employers and his family (fingers still crossed that the visa shit works in our favour). Coincidentally, this family lives in the same town as the last one we visited (I'm still in contact with both possibilities). After the meeting we decided to wind our way up Melibokushuegel (a hill) to visit a castle! Woo-hoo!!! - my first castle experience!


The castle was built in the 13th century and is basically a ruin. Actually, the location is quite famous for its weekly "Knight's Meal" - a public luncheon of Knight-food that is consumed with one's hands. Good times! Actually, the Knight's Meal is not operating December through February, so we made a pact to gnaw on various animals limbs at a later date.



Still, the castle was open and despite the rain (that has been ceaseless over the last weeks) we climbed all the way to the top and viewed a fantastic panorama of nearby Hessen (the province we're in). In the end, I made the informed decision that I wanted nothing to do with being royalty, in those days - I'd freeze with only stone walls against the wind and cold!!

0 Comments:



adopt your own virtual pet!