crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Friday, November 24, 2006

I Hate Kaki

Today I "gratefully" received another bag of kaki. I hate kaki. Kaki is persimmon, and it's yucky. I think I complained about this last year. Japan is abouding with kaki at this time of year, and it seems that everyone is trying to get rid of it.

Last week I received a bag of kaki (about 20 fruit) from my semi-private students' family. Thaaaaaank you! Can't you just picture me with a smile frozen on my face, accepting a brimming bagful of squarish, orange treats? Apparently it was so convincing that they phoned around Japan and told everyone that Crystal needs about 400 kaki.

The last bag was thrown out. This one's headed to the trash-heap as well, unless some pitiable folk claims it. Gambatte.

...

Manderine oranges are in season, too; why can't someone give me a horde of Manderine oranges?

2 Comments:

    • At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      What about throwing the Kaki at people in the dark, would not that be big fun?
      When we crawl out of our caves (we cavemen in Germany)we love to throw fruit at each other, hehe.

       
    • At 5:12 PM, Blogger Crystal said…

      Good plan, honey, but on second thought, I'll just give them to Anna. She loves them.

       
    • Post a Comment


adopt your own virtual pet!