crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Monday, June 12, 2006

Pajama Parties & Incoherent Bliss

I'm trying to get into soccer. A-hem, FOOTBALL. It's for a boy. Meh, it's not that bad.

For those of you who don't know (i.e. North America) the World Cup of Football is currently in progress. Germany is hosting this year. Sadly, Canada has never qualified to compete. Every year for some time now Riccardo has been arranging a "Tipp Pool" for his friends and family to wager match outcomes in hopes of gaining bragging rights. I agreed to participate and made my selections based solely on second-hand advise. As it turns out, I am currently the highest scorer for correct predictions! YAY!

Opening match, Germany versus Costa Rica, was on Friday night. Due to time differences, it played at 1am here in Japan. I invited Riccardo and his folks for a World Cup Kick-off Pajama Party. We played games (UNO, Jenga), ate snacks, and tried not to sleep through the match (um, I was rather unsuccessful at this last point). Germany won, 4-2.

The next morning I made eggs with all the fixin's and then sent the Webers on their way to climb Fuji-san. I spent the day with my ladies. Spending the day with the ladies is always fun, but I learned it is especially so when Tressa tries to learn the dance number for Thriller in my living room.

Our favourite Italian restaurant serves amazing gorgonzola penne, and when we're lucky, 350-Yen-per-hour nomihodai (all-you-can-drink) wine. We were lucky. I was drunk well before the cheque. But it didn't stop there. Tressa had some local peeps to her apartment where several hours of Asshole (a superfun card game) ensued. I think I did well...




I don't think I lasted that long. My alcohol tolerance ain't what it was; I get tipsy from about one glass of wine. I vaguely remember dear Jody and Trex tucking me into bed. I awoke Sunday morning with a rather large pain in my head and a bucket next to my bed. Thank god it was empty!

Sunday was spent lying on my couch watching the last season of Sex and the City. I needed that. Why? It has been decided that I am trying to drown my sorrows and loneliness because my boyfriend is off in Hokkaido (the northmost island in Japan) for the next week. One day and I already missed him. PATHETIC.

0 Comments:



adopt your own virtual pet!