crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

30StM

My Christmas pressie to Riki this past year was concert tickets. I love giving tickets for presents - it's so unexpected... most of the time.
Of course, I also love it because usually that means I get to go, too. Which isn't so presumptuous, since my Christmas/birthday Rome trip also included Riccardo. That's what being part of a couple is, right? (Thanks for taking me, Honey!)

So this past weekend, we went to Manchester to see 30 Seconds to Mars. Jared Leto. Awesome.

Did you know Jared Leto (aka Jordan Catalano from 'My So-Called Life' and some other 'lesser-known' roles - hahaha!) fronts a really cool rock band? Well, we quite like them anyway, and they're quite popular here in the UK.

Hits you might know:
- 'A Beautiful Lie' - from album, 'A Beautiful Lie (2005) - 'From Yesterday' - above album
- 'The Kill' - above album and Rock Band for Guitar Hero
- 'Kings and Queens' - from album, 'This is War' (2009)

Anyway, I took about 30 minutes worth of video on my little camera. Pretty awful footage, even if you don't factor in Riccardo and my off-key 'singing' in the background! I tried to upload some footage, but the thingy was taking hours. Literally.

The absolute BEST part (and the thing that catapulted this into my 'best concert ever' books) was when Jared snuck into the audience to do an acoustic set, and then dooped his bodyguards to climb over the backs of the seats through the audience. By the end of this (very dangerous) escapade, he was about 10 feet away from us - rad mohawk and all...


That's right, ladies: just days before the concert Jared shaved his hair into a killer mohawk. So bad-ass!


Anyway, if you have the chance to see this band live, do so. They rock. Also, buy their CDs - they have three, the second is arguably the best, though the third is defo growing on me.

2 Comments:

    • At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Danica said…

      Tickets are the best gift, I have to agree.
      I had completely forgotten about Jared Leto. That is a sweet mohawk. I'm glad you had such a great evening out with your man.
      Cheers!

       
    • At 4:41 PM, Blogger Tressa said…

      Hi! YOu guys look soooo good! I love that picture:-) Also, congratulations on your anniversary! Holy crap, I remember that night and it seems like yesterday...four years hey? WOW time does fly. Miss you and love you
      Tress

       
    • Post a Comment


adopt your own virtual pet!