crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

What a Relief!

In follow-up to my whinging about my MA module, I can confirm that the worry is over: I have passed! This is a huge relief since my Qualified Teacher Status and everything hinged upon this pass. I spent 2 weeks re-vamping my paper according to a totally different criteria and received a very predictable 'C'. Yeah, I am disappointed about the mark, but realistically, they were hardly going to raise a once-failed paper by 3 letter grades.

And because I'm such a glutton for punishment, I've already enquired about enrolling for the next MA module - with this I will gain my Post-Graduate Certificate in Education, which (hopefully) will make my qualification that much more transferrable to Canada! Fingers crossed.

Otherwise, not much to report. My holidays are winding down. Out of 6 weeks, I've had about 5 days of relaxation, including our Cornwall trip, but I'm not really the sit-around-and-do-nothing type.

Riccardo's parents visited last weekend. It's been at least 4 months since I've seen them, so it was great to catch-up. We took them to the fabulous Warwick Castle - got to see the joust and the Trebuchet fire a flaming boulder! We also went to our new favourite Tapas restaurant. Yummy! We were all hoping to follow-up this visit with a German-version in mid-Sept., since Riccardo has to go to Frankfurt for work. Unfortunately flights are about 100 GBP, and it doesn't seem reasonable to spend that much on my flight when not only have we just seen them, but it would only allow me about 24 hours with the family. No dice.

Riccardo may also get to return to Brazil this Sept. So jealous!

Did I mention that Kimberly and Corey have officially booked their tickets to come visit us in October? Very excited! My family, however, have not been quite so organised, and are now considering alternate time frames for their own visit. Hopefully it doesn't fall through entirely.

Finally, a shout-out to Parker and Scott who get married in Missoula, Montana this Saturday. Wish we could be there, guys! Have an excellent time, soak up the memories and share them for the rest of your lives together! We love you!

1 Comments:

    • At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Congratulations Crystal!!!!! I still have 2 years...haha. Glad you had a good summer and have gotten some rest. I miss you terribly!
      Love, Tressa

       
    • Post a Comment


adopt your own virtual pet!